Floyd Mayweather Has A Few Words For Adrien Broner After His Shots At The Money Team - Welcome to Ezemuoka's Blog

Latest

News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion and Inspiration

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Floyd Mayweather Has A Few Words For Adrien Broner After His Shots At The Money Team

 
Floyd Mayweather is now responding to Adrien Broner’s shots at the throne.
Broner has expressed some less-than-favorable sentiments towards some of the fighters on Mayweather’s The Money Team imprint as of late. Back in October, after snatching up his fourth title against Khabib Allakhverdiev, Broner sent a message to the undefeated champion, clowning his fighter Ashley Theophane. Just weeks later, Broner also took to Twitter with more words for his boxing promotion company:
In an interview with Fight Hype posted on Monday (Nov. 9), Mayweather finally shared his thoughts on Broner. Acknowledging his role in the young boxer’s career as a mentor, Mayweather expressed confusion regarding Broner’s motivations to speak ill of The Money Team. Noting that he “spoiled” fighters too much, he pointed out the inconsistencies between his support of Broner and his recent discontent. “You got fighters that I’ve stood behind, like Adrien Broner. When he lost to Maidana, I was the first one to post a picture of me and him, and I told him, ‘You know what? I’m behind you. Hold your head up high. Stay focused and you’ll be able to bounce back,’”Mayweather said. “But then you have this same guy that I’m defending and standing behind and going to war for, is the same guy that said, ‘You know what? I love my big brother Floyd Mayweather, but f**k The Money Team!’ He’s the same guy that you can go on, if I’m not mistaken, my TMT website and see that he had on a Money Team shirt. And then you was in Vegas, he had on the Money Team sweatsuit. So I never really understood that.”
Casually throwing in that The Money Team pulls in eight figures a year, Mayweather went on to say that he has never spoken negatively of Broner, and that he takes comments against boxing adviser Al Haymon as comments against The Money Team. “Instead of saying, “F**k The Money Team,” he needs to be thanking The Money Team.” He also noted that he has attempted to offer Broner advice in the past.
“When Adrien Broner won his first world title, I don’t know who he fought, I don’t even know who the guy was, but I was happy for him and I always wanted to give Adrien Broner positive advice,” Mayweather said. When everyone had something negative to say about him, you know what I do? I say, ‘This kid comes from a rough and tough background and I just want to stand behind him, support him, and help get him to the next level.’ But you saying, “F**k The Money Team”? […] I never had anything negative to say about Adrien Broner. If he does something that I didn’t like, I’m like, “You know, AB, don’t do that. AB, you shouldn’t do that. You should take this approach.”
Following his win against Allakhverdiev, Broner’s message to Mayweather also included a quip about Caitlyn Jenner: “Put Ashley on one of your private jets, bring him to come see me, and I bet I’ll bring the girl out of that boy like Bruce Jenner.” The undefeated champ had a response for that as well.
“You are there taking shots at Bruce Jenner,” he said. “When it’s all said and done, let Bruce Jenner live his life the way he wanna live his life. Bruce Jenner don’t even know who Adrien Broner is, but Adrien Broner do know who Bruce Jenner is. You gotta watch what you say because you don’t never know who you may need in life or who you may bump into in life…Adrien Broner still has a lot of growing up to do.”